For additional Outdoor Burning information please review Western Lakes Restrictions:
- SIZE OF PILE: 4 feet by 4 feet by 3 feet high.
- LOCATION OF PILE: At least 50 feet from any structure, wood pile, wooden fence, and provisions shall be made to prevent the fire from spreading to within 50 feet of such items.
- EXTINGUISHING MEASURES AVAILABLE: Sufficient tools and water shall be immediately available to control and/or extinguish the fire if needed.
- MATERIAL FOR BURNING: Dry material only, not ignited with flammable or combustible liquids.
- MATERIAL FOR BURNING SHALL NOT BE: Rubbish, garbage, trash, treated wood or any material made of, or coated with rubber, plastic, leather, or petroleum base products.
- SUPERVISION: The fire shall be constantly attended by a competent person at least 16 years of age until the fire is extinguished. Unattended fires shall be completely extinguished.
- TIME OF BURNING: Open burning 7:00am until 1/2 hour after sunset. Recreation fires 7:00am until 12:00 midnight.
- WIND: The wind velocity shall not exceed 9 miles per hour. The fire shall be extinguished if the wind speed increases above 9 m.p.h.
- SITE INSPECTION: The burning site may be inspected prior to issuance of a permit.